Directions and Local Lodging
Wildwind Kennels is located about 1-1/2 hours from Portland.
If you are coming from Southern Maine:
- Take exit 113 off I95 in Augusta.
Follow Route 3 through town. Be careful through the rotaries
to watch your route numbers.
- Take route 3 out of Augusta towards Belfast.
- Approximately 15 minutes out of Augusta is Tobey's
Store, take a left (Branch Mills Rd) following it through town.
- When you start up a hill beyond the mill,
the North Palermo Rd takes a sharp left, continue on the N. Palermo
Rd until it merges with route 137.
- Continue straight on 137 through Freedom
Village and to the intersection of 137 and
route 220 where they meet in Knox. Ingraham Equipment and
Hilltop Store are off to your right.
- Go straight on 137 towards Belfast. You will
drop down a hill. A sand shed is off to the left.
- Cross the bridge. Immediately after the
bridge is a fork to your left with two branches. The lower
road is the Bailey Rd, and the upper road is the Webb Rd.
- Go straight on the Webb Rd. We are the
fifth house on the left. There is a very tall series of
hills... red barn, cedar shingled house and garage with
red trim and kennels.
The entire trip takes about 45 minutes... drive safely!
We have a number of options available to our clients, including a very nice private camp approximately 15 minutes away from the kennels and in the midst of prime central Maine upland bird covers.
- Rent a Cabin - rustic lodging, two miles to kennel at Montville Maine (207) 382-6591
- Haunted Mountain Cabin - very nice private lodging, five miles from kennel at Thorndike Maine (207) 631-1023
- Belfast Chamber of Commerce - several options in Belfast Maine and surrounding coastal region offering fine coastal dining and nice accommodations, fifteen miles from kennel (207) 338-5900